Work Health and Safety, Quality and Environment Policy
Exedy Corporation is a company incorporated in Japan. Exedy Australia supplies components for automotive and industrial applications such as under-car and under-bonnet functional components for transportation equipment including motor vehicles, trucks, buses, forklifts and agricultural applications.
Exedy is committed to meet the needs and expectations of our customers, shareholders and other stakeholders. In persuing this commitment and considering our specific Safety, Quality and Environmental (SQE) risks and opportunities, we will:
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work related injury and ill health through establishing a health and safety culture that is intrinsic to the way we protect the safety, health and welfare of our employees, customers, contractors, visitors, and the community.
- Implement sustainable systems to protect the environment and prevent pollution.
- Set, communicate and monitor measurable SQE objectives and targets to continually improve company performance in work health and safety (employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing), quality (product built and performance) and sustainability (energy usage reduction, minimising waste and optimising recycling opportunities).
- Comply with the relevant legislation and other requirements.
- Inform individuals of their obligation and responsibilities to comply with the SQE policy, procedures and legislation. Everyone at Exedy must contribute to the effectiveness of our SQE management system and must take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions in the workplace. Employees must also cooperate with their employer’s actions to make the workplace safe (for example, by following any information, instruction or training provided). The implication of not conforming to the SQE requirements is putting yourself and others at risk and a breach of your Duty of Care obligation.
- Implement effective systems for identifying, reporting and assessing SQE hazards.
- Apply a risk-based approach to eliminate hazards and reduce SQE risks by implementing control plans in accordance with the hierarchy of controls.
- Ensure SQE excellence is recognised and rewarded to develop, support and continually improve a proactive SQE culture.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the SQE objectives and targets and amend SQE strategies as necessary to ensure continual improvement of the SQE management system.
- Consult with, seek participation of, and provide information, instruction, training and supervision to all employees/HSRs, contractors and other work participants to enhance SQE management system performance.
- Enable individuals to access health, safety and wellbeing expertise as necessary.
- Ensure this policy is implemented, maintained and communicated within the company and made available to all interested parties.
This policy applies to all employees including casuals, contractors and other work participants.
(Work participants = contractors and their employees, employees from other organisations working at Exedy and people working under the same roof but for different employers.)